Thinking to create a question answer website or want to add an answer script in your existing website by sub domain/ directory. Question2answer.org providing open source answers script. Q2A script can use easily by integrating with word press 3.1 and above versions. Download the latest version of Question2answer to your computer and unzip by extracting.
Benefits of Question2answer script:
Q2A scripts is free with GNU GPL license and can use anyone.
Question2ans is search friendly for search engine.
Use deep level categories and tag.
Options for voting, comments and follow to questions.
RSS and Email subscription and personal feed to follow questions.
Login with facebook and others by using plugins.
Private message system for users.
Q2Answer Installation Requirements:
Apache or similar server
PHP4.3 or later
MYSQL 4.1 or later
Setup and Installation Guide:
Note: Before start and uploading folder to server create MYSQL database with full user privilege.
- Download latest Question2Ans latest version and unzip it by extracting or WinZip.
- Open the Question2Answer unzipped folder from your computer.
- Find qa-config-example.php and rename this file to qa-config.php.
- Open qa-config.php and change database user name, password, database name and local host with help of notepad.
- Now open the FTP connect to server and create a new folder under specific directory and upload Q2A all files to the folder.
1. Upload Q2A file in root directory for main domain e.g www.yourdomain.com
2. Upload file in sub directory for a domain e.g www.yourdomain.com/Question2Answer.
3. Upload question 2 answers file to root directory but in different folder specially when using Q2A script to sub domain. e.g Q2A.yourdomain.com.
- After successfully upload to server open specific webpage url.
When first time open the question2answer webpage, this will prompt and ask for to create super administrative account. After submitting admin details, three mysql database error messages will be appears on screen, ignore them and see below on same page a congratulation message can see for successfully created admin account.
Go Question 2 answer webpage and login with super admin username and password and do customization.
Fixing Common Q2A Installation Errors:
Error : Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user (using password: YES) in/answers/qa-include/qa-db.php on line 66.
Could not establish database connection. Please check the username, password and hostname in the config file, and if necessary set up the appropriate MySQL user and privileges.
Solution: Connect FTP to server open the folder where que2answer script uploaded in server open the qa-config.php find define(‘QA_MYSQL_HOSTNAME’, ’127.0.0.1′); line and change 127.0.0.1 to localhost and save file. Clear the browser cookie and visit the q2ans webpage this should be fix.
Drop email to me describe problem with error code. I will try to fix installation problem by posting comments on this post. You can also hire me for Q2A script premium upload to main domain or any directory, sub domain with super admin customization.