Its time to welcome Google penguin algorithm and its update to fight webspam. Google web spam team released penguin algorithm after working on panda updates. And this update forced to cry many of top ranking websites at initial stage. Most of websites are penalized for keyword stuffing to get rank in first page to highlight and more visibility on search engine.
Previous one year Google panda was watching continuously them all black seo tricks and somewhere in between it gave many hints by panda updates for websites those were involved in black hat seo.
Google panda was not affecting as Penguin one update ruined them all black hatters tricks. The penguin emperor come to town.
Panda just decreased minor website ranking in search results but penguin algorithm one update hits hard even best known websites those involved in keyword stuffing and finally they all penalized.
This update produce its results and many of websites are disappeared from Google search overnight those were ranked in first page by only keyword stuffing.
How To Avoid Google Penguin Few Tips:
- Keyword stuffing that may be main focused in its first update of penguin algorithm to reduce webspam. Do not put or repeat again and again keywords and only keywords in title and description.
- Do not over optimize, webmasters use repeat keywords that create words and phrase stuffing and all that black hat SEO tricks those are not acceptable and Google love to penalized for over optimization.
- Make sensible title that looks for human readable not for machine.
- Use simple words people do not use and search industry jargon as wrote in googlewebmaster blog.
- Avoid unnatural links e.g participation in link exchange program, traffic exchange etc.
- Do not publish spun content or article spinning, it could be raise plagiarism issue anytime that will be dangerous for your blog.
- Guest post, Well guest posting is a white hat seo but we can’t ignore if spun content used without your knowledge.
- Too much affiliate links that does not have nothing information just only affiliate related content.
- Avoid hidden text and links those used for special purpose for search engine only.
Hopefully all these tips helpful for safe SEO optimization and Google penguin always love your website.
Update: People are talking on forums, recently there website traffic goes down again within 24 hrs on May 14th after first penguin update but Google deny for any penguin refresh. See article at seroundtable
Google penguin refresh and 1.1 update:
After releasing penguin algorithm on 24 April. Google refresh new update after one month that refresh only 0.01% search as tweeted by Matt cutt on 25 May. With this refresh one of most affected site WPMU.org which is dropped 81% traffic according to seomoz.org now recovered after first Google penguin update.